Early Exits Overview – Part 1
Presented at the ACA New England Angel Education Series – Boston, MA December 6, 2010.
To host an Early Exits Workshop for your group, please contact Chris Major at the Angel Capital Education Foundation.
Highlights of Early Exits Overview – Part 1:
- This is an overview of the Early Exits Workshop.
- Much of what you hear about exits is wrong – dangerously wrong. There are so many myths and misperceptions.
- And quite a few dirty secrets. This workshop is about what works today when you want to sell a business.
- Angel investing is still quite new – about where traditional Venture Capital was in the early 1980s.
- The economy has changed – a lot. That is part of the reason that traditional Venture Capital doesn’t work anymore.
- Exits with, and without, VCs – what really happens to an angel backed company when traditional VCs invest.
- When does it actually make sense for a company to take an investment from a traditional venture capital fund?
- Why most exits today are under $20 million and why Google wants even earlier exits.
- Big companies aren’t the only buyers – there are several different types of buyers active in the market today.
Part 2 is online here.
This is the summary page for the Early Exits Overview videos.
Part 1 of the Early Exits Overview video series is online available on Youtube.