Early Exits – Your Golden Opportunity – Part 2
Highlights of Early Exits – Your Golden Opportunity – Part 2:
- Why you might not need investors. Your financing options. Bootstrap if you possibly can. New definitions for venture capital.
- Traditional Venture Capital is broken – but don’t worry. There is lots of capital available. Angels, and angel funds, are starting to syndicate and put $5 or 10 million into companies.
- The differences between angels and venture capital funds – it’s about exits. Why the big Venture Capital funds don’t work anymore. 92% of exits don’t work for traditional, big VC funds.
- Exits times with, and without, traditional Venture Capital. Why angel investors and entrepreneurs are aligned. Entrepreneurs should chose angels or traditional VCs, but not both.
- How to tell whether your company should be financed by angel investors or traditional Venture Capital funds. Angels finance 27x more startups and early stage companies.
- The big surprise is that Friends and Family investors invest much more than either angel investors or venture capital funds.
Many of the lessons I’ve learned are described in my new book on exit strategies for entrepreneurs and angel investors – www.Early-Exits.com.