Exit Strategies for Angel Investors – Part 3
Highlights of Exit Strategies for Angel Investors – Part 3:
- Fascinating new research on the data from the bankrupt law firm Brobeck – including 182 Series-A VC and angel investments,
- Shows that “outcomes are inferior when angels and VCs co-invest” – it turns out angels and VCs aren’t that compatible.
- Angels alone are “as likely as the VC backed firms to have successful liquidity events”.
- The optimum strategy is ‘Angels or VCs but not both’.
- Checklist to determine whether an individual company should be financed with Angels only or VCs.
- It depends on how much money the company will need, how long before the exit, likely exit value and willingness to relinquish control.
Many of the lessons I’ve learned are described in my new book on exit strategies for entrepreneurs and angel investors – www.Early-Exits.com.