Exit Strategies Workshop 2011 Part 6
Financing Strategy for Maximum Exit Value
Highlights of Part 6 – Financing Strategy for Maximum Exit Value:
- Axel Christiansen introduction. And why is he so funny?
- What is Sub Debt and who is it useful to? In what types of exit transactions?
- Company value as a multiple of EBITDA. The “New Normal”.
- Seven reasons to create a financing package.
- Vendor notes and other financing tools.
- Case Study: Buy Me Inc.
- Subordinated or mezzanine debt. Cash flow based financing – no asset coverage required.
- The ‘glue’ in buy-out transactions.
- Vendor objectives, purchaser objectives, BDC objectives. The Perfect Deal.
- BDC Subordinate Finance – the largest national subordinate finance group in Canada.
- BDC for Management buy-outs (MBO), leveraged buy-outs (LBO), strategic acquisitions (roll-ups).