Selling a Business – A Guide for Angel Investors and Entrepreneurs – Part 1
Selling a Business is the Best Part of Being an Investor or Entrepreneur
Keynote speech at the National Angel Capital Organization Summit on October 15, 2009.
Highlights of Part 1: Introduction to the Selling a Business Guide for Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Angel investing is still quite new – at about the same stage as Venture Capital investing was in the mid 1980s
- The financial world has been changing – dramatically
- Successful investing requires two things – investing in the right companies at the right price and selling the business well
- Exiting well means selling a business at the right price but also in a reasonable amount of time
- I started to focus on selling businesses when I was managing the BC Advantage Tech Fund
- During the three years I managed that fund, I made nine investments and had three exits – two business sales and an IPO
- This talk is about the practical aspects of selling a business well – some of my earlier videos on exit strategy
Many of the lessons I’ve learned are described in my new book on exit strategies for entrepreneurs and angel investors – www.Early-Exits.com.