Early Exits Overview – Part 2
Presented at the ACA New England Angel Education Series – Boston, MA December 6, 2010.
To host an Early Exits Workshop for your group, please contact Chris Major at the Angel Capital Education Foundation.
Highlights of Early Exits Overview – Part 2:
- Startup economics have changed. It’s now possible to build valuable companies for only $100,000s, or even $10,000s.
- The internet has accelerated everything – many big exits have occurred just two or three years from startup. Here’s a list.
- How early can you sell a business? Selling in 2 or 3 years is often the optimum time to sell a company.
- The exit is just another business process – just like a product development or financing.
- Every company needs a clear, written, signed exit strategy. It doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Often the biggest question is not “How much can sell for?” it’s “How long will it take to sell?”
- Companies should be ‘sold’ not ‘bought.’
The summary page for the Early Exits Overview videos is online here.
Part 2 of the Early Exits Overview video series is available on Youtube.