From the Angel Capital Association Annual Summit, Atlanta, April 15, 2009
Angel Capital Association Annual Summits are usually over 500 attendees – mostly angel investors and angel group organizers along with a good number of entrepreneurs.
Highlights of this workshop:
- When can you sell? It may be much earlier than you think.
- Developing an Exit Strategy. Every company needs an exit strategy – ideally before the first investor.
- Maximizing Value – things you should be doing now to maximize the value you ultimately get for your company.
- It’s often possible to sell a company for 50% more.
- The role of the M&A Advisor and other professionals. How much they will cost and why it’s a good investment.
- Secondary sales – why it’s often a good idea to find a buyer for some founders’ stock before the exit.
- Planning for a Successful Exit – the list of things that should be done long before you start the exit.
- Why you should be afraid of the ‘reps and warranties’.
- The Exit Timeline – how long does it take to design and execute an optimum exit?
Part 2 of this video series is available here.