Selling a Business – A Guide for Angel Investors and Entrepreneurs – Part 3
Selling a Business is the Best Part of Being an Investor or Entrepreneur
Keynote speech at the National Angel Capital Organization Summit on October 15, 2009.
Highlights of Part 3 – The M&A Advisor and Getting Ready to Sell the Business
- The most important criteria for selecting the M&A Advisor and the M&A Advisors functions
- M&A Advisor fees and why the M&A Advisor should be local
- The benefits of doing a secondary sale before the exit and the exit timeline
- Things to do before contacting the first prospective buyer – clean up the structure, employment agreements
- Financial statements – review or audit, the financial model, tax considerations, the sales collateral
Part 4 of Selling a Business Guide is online here.
Many of the lessons I’ve learned are described in my new book on exit strategies for entrepreneurs and angel investors – www.Early-Exits.com.